Downtown Sussex Star Search- August 12, 19 and 26th
– each contestant will perform 1 or more times -contestants may be soloists, duos, etc-all music genres- if there is not a reasonable number of qualified entrants for a given week then the contestants will reschedule for a later date-the judges decision is final-pre register at Morris music (590 Main Street) see our FB for the form.-proposed show dates are Aug 12, 19 and 26th- contest will be staged at 10:30 am at 602 Main Street Leonard’s Gate- each entrant will supply his/hers own backup, accompaniment-weekly $ prizes for 1st,2nd and 3 Rd.
Mural Capital of Canada
Sussex downtown invites you to come for a unique experience. Each Day we will have artists & musicians on the sidewalks of downtown Sussex showing off their talents.
- 10:00 -3:00pm Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Agricultural Museum (Princess Louis Park)
- 3:30pm Mural Readers theatre at Elliott Park (These actors will present the stories behind the murals)
- 6:30pm Murals with Lorraine Pollock – Starting at the Royal Bank (Main Street)
- Artists & Musicians: Painting & Performing on the sidewalks of Downtown Sussex
- 6:00 – 9:00pm Lion’s Bingo (Main Street Tent) – Have fun and win at the Sussex Lion’s Club “BINGO” Night
- 6:30pm Mural Tour with Lorraine Pollock – Starting at the Royal Bank (Main Street)
- Enjoy the LIVE Entertainment
- 2:00pm Downtown Mural Scavenger Hunt with prizes – (ALL AGES WELCOMED) – Please meet at the Train Station @ Sully’s for your form
- 6:30pm Classic Cars along Main Street, Broad Street & Peter Street
- Classic Rock & Roll and Country
- Dance Contests – The Twist – Jive – Free Style
Come see the cars, hear the music and dance your way to a prize!
Whether you are a local resident or a visitor you’ll find Sussex, New Brunswick to be a friendly and thriving community. In particular you’ll notice that the heart of our town is bustling with many shops and services ready to help and serve you.